Joseph Galarneau, Principal and founder
Joseph Galarneau is a longtime digital product leader who’s former cofounder/CEO of Mezzobit, an NYC-based Big Data start-up (acquired by OpenX) that offered enterprise data interchange and privacy management SaaS solutions. His other roles have included chief product officer at Verve and NewsRight, COO/digital GM at Newsweek and The Daily Beast, CTO at New York Media, and practice leader for KPMG Consulting.
A frequent speaker on all things digital and data, Joe developed and taught NYU’s first class on digital product management, was adjunct faculty member at Yale, and teaches digital seminars in China, India and Eastern Europe. He’s also entrepreneur-in-residence and lead mentor at Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, NYC’s largest start-up development program, and advises many other companies.
A graduate of Duke University, Joe is a Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Recent thought leadership:
- Speaker on data leakage at Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) annual conference.
- Conducted “Socially responsible data collection” workshops at SxSW and London Mozilla Festival.
- Presented workshop on data leakage to Legal and Legislation conference of Digital Content Next.
- Moderator, New York Advertising Week panel, “Hacking Programmatic.”
- Moderator, AdMonsters, “Simplifying and Optimizing the Digital Ad Supply Chain.”
- Former member Amazon AWS Global Customer Advisory Board and presenter at several Amazon events on case studies of AWS adoption.
- Designed and taught 4-day digital bootcamp in India for NGO leaders.
- Spoke at TEDx in St. Petersburg that was livestreamed across Russia.
- Spoke at Digital Content Monetization on extracting value from audiences.
- Presented keynote lecture at Ambassador’s Forum in Kiev, hosted by US ambassador to Ukraine.
- Press mentions include Washington Post, New York Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, Associated Press, and Digiday.